Thursday 3 July 2014

Ella's Kitchen Snacks

Ella's Kitchen Snacks
I received Ella's Kitchen Carrot + Lentil Multi-grain Sticks, Tomato and Basil Multi-grain Nibbles and Raisin and Spelt Cookies for free from Boots in return for a review.

Advantages:
The first product which I will be reviewing is the first product which I gave to my daughter which was the Carrot + Lentil Multi-grain Sticks. So before I opened up the box, I thought that they were literally carrots and lentils in the form of sticks like cut up into little sticks that you see in the supermarket. Well, how wrong was I? When I opened up the box, There were little packets. They sort of looked like mini crisp packets. The ones you get for children. When I opened it up, I noticed they were nothing like what I was expecting but long stick like crisps. I should have known you wouldn't put a carrot in a box and send it to some one. Now that my friend would be ridiculous but that didn't stop me. Before I gave it to my daughter, I decide to take one from the bag and try it for myself. I am not a huge fan of  lentils and I definitely wouldn't try carrots and lentils together but teats where I am wrong once again. What a fantastic combination. I couldn't help myself but to take another from the bag. This is when I gave the stick to my daughter. (The real food critic) If she does not like a certain type of food you will know about it. Believe you me. She will spit it out and refuse to try some more followed by a few short screams. She didn't. For the first time ever trying a new product she really enjoyed it. She had quite a few of them and did not gag or anything. RESULT! I love the fact that these carrot and lentil multi-grain sticks come in little packets because they are a great snack, not to big so you can take it almost anywhere with you and nibble throughout the day.  3-2-1 Blast Off Carrot + Lentil Multi-grain Sticks are something which I will definitely 100% be buying more often as my daughter absolutely loved them.

The second product which I am going to be reviewing is the Tomato + Basil Multi-grain Nibbles. They are made from four delicious multi-grains for nutrition: bran, maize, rice and quinoa. The funky design on the bottle goes extremely well and will fit nicely into your handbag. This comes in three fun shapes in each canister. They are 100% organic and have a crunchy texture yet it is still light enough for little mouths. Their flavour is baked on the inside as well as the outside to maximise taste and minimise messy little fingers! I truthfully liked the way these also tasted and tomato and basil is a combination I have tried many times but not in the form of nibbles! I enjoyed trying these but was too afraid to give them to my little one because of how small they were.


Finally last but not least. My final product. Raisin and Spelt Cookies. I myself once again had tried these products and thought they were rather tasty actually. The bag was resealable which helped stop the air from getting into the bag and making the cookies go all soft and nasty. Now that wouldn't be very nice now would it? I loved the fact that they were nice and soft to bite into almost like a shortbread biscuit that has freshly been baked. Mmm. I could easily eat another right now. My daughter seemed to enjoy them too. Staring at the shapes, rubbing them against her teeth and taking bites into it before it got digested. She didn't pull a face at this one either and was happy enough to except another. Another good out come. Wow. Well done Ella's Kitchen you really do know how to make a baby (and her mother) smile. Congratulations. Raisin and Spelt Cookies are the perfect size to fit comfortably into your handbag without getting squashed or broken. They tasted rather sweet which was surprising because it was low in sugar but at the same time tasted great. The cookies came in two different shapes which my little one enjoyed looking at before taking a bite.

Disadvantages:
The only disadvantage I came across was for the Tomato and Basil Multi-grain nibbles. My daughter has just reached 12 months but I am still afraid that she may swallow them whole as they are not that big and it could cause her to choke. I will try them out on her maybe when she is a little older but for now just to be on the safe side ill pass on those. I can not fault the other products in any other way.

Safety/Packaging:
The products arrived safely packaged together in perfect condition. The products are safe to eat as they are organic but check ingredients in case you or your child is allergic to something.

Overall Rating:
I rate Tomato and Basil multigrain nibbles: 7/10.
I rate Carrot and Lentil multigrain sticks: 10/10.
I rate Raisin and Spelt Cookies: 10/10.

If you wish to purchase these products click either of the links below:
http://www.boots.com/Ellas Kitchen-Raisins & Spelt Cookies
http://www.boots.com/Ellas Kitchen-Tomato& Basil Multigrain Puffs
http://www.boots.com/Ellas Kitchen-Carrots and Lentils Multigrain-Sticks
http://www.boots.com/
https://www.ellaskitchen.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment